Saturday, November 20, 2010

Worst Cities to Find A Job

I just saw an article on Forbes.com regarding the worst cities to find a job, and I am located in one of them. I must agree whole-heartedly that it has been very competitive to even contract my services. One might think that it's because they had a bad interview or not enough qualifications, but as I have been doing my research into the job market and the qualifications that are listed, you now must wear multiple hats, but for less pay.

I thought I would share an excerpt from the article:

"Can't get hired? You may just be in the wrong place.

Bad interviews or a lack of experience may not be the reason you can't land a job. Your location may be to blame. If you're seeking employment, consider moving to Washington, San Jose, or New York. Those are the three best places in the nation for finding a job, according to Juju.com
."


The worst cities to find employment are:

1. Las Vegas, Nevada

2. Miami, Florida

3. Riverside, California

4. Detroit, Michigan

5. Los Angeles, California



These are based on those who have reported being unemployed and those numbers are most definitely higher than reported.



I must say I am used to wearing a lot of hats as being an employee and I have many qualifications that are listed, but it has come to who you know mostly than what you know to even get a response. It's very daunting and frustrating...yes I know and on top of that Congress has not approved an extension or Tier 5 for those who will be losing their unemployment benefits the day after Thanksgiving. I must say that is disheartening for them to play with people's lives especially after the November elections.


For those who are seeking for employment or starting your own business, please keep your head held high and know you're not the only person going through these tough times. As a small business owner it's very challenging for myself, but to remember to put positive vibes in the universe to bring a positive reinforcement for whatever endeavor you are seeking.

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/111373/americas-worst-cities-for-finding-a-job

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

About Me

My photo
My name is Sonia and I created Living in the D for the love of my city. I'm a native Detroiter and resident. I want to share all aspects of the city (the good, the bad, the ugly) and all that it has to offer. I also want to incorporate live footage of my favorite places and things to do. So I hope you enjoy.

SCI Virtual Executive Assistant's Fan Box

I am on Twitter